In order to view larger versions of the images please click on the thumbnails.
3 Star Backpacker & Hostelling. Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
Amakaya Backpackers hostel & self-catering accommodation is 300 metres from Main Street, Plettenberg Bay where you will find different shops, restaurants, pubs, etc.
Our upstairs bar and open air verandah offers magnificent views of the Tsitsikamma mountain range, the lagoon and the bay. This is a great place to relax after a busy day’s activities or for the early risers to watch the sunrise.
Later in the evening you can sit around the bonfire and reminisce over the days activities and plan you next days sight-seeing.
Our communal lounge area is equipped with satellite TV, and an internet station. Wi-fi internet is available anywhere on the premises.
We offer a variety of accommodation - rooms for a bit of privacy or dorms for those who don’t mind sharing.
Our rooms and dorms are named after nearby popular mountain passes.
Breakfast and braais (BBQ’s) can be arranged on request.
- Montagu twin room - 2 single beds, valuables safe, built-in cupboards. Choice of 2 shared bathrooms opposite room.
- Kaaimans twin room - 2 single beds, valuables safe, built-in cupboards. Choice of 2 shared bathrooms opposite room.
- Outeniqua en-suite room- double bed and 2 bunk beds. Full bathroom, private balcony, valuables safe, built-in cupboards, satellite TV.
- Baviaans Cabin dorm- 2 bunk beds. Shared bathroom.
- Bloukransdorm - 4 bunk beds, en-suite bathroom, private entrance.
- Meiringspoortdorm - 8 bunk beds, shared bathroom.
- Tradouwdorm - 10 bunk beds, kitchen area, en-suite bathroom, private entrance, satellite TV.
We are a Baz Bus stop and bookingscentre.
Adventures and things to do within 25km of Amakaya Backpackers are:
Whale and dolphin watching
Robberg Nature Reserve
Birds of Eden
Adventure boat rides
Surfing and surfing lessons
Deep sea fishing
…and many more!
Venturing further afield:
All available 25km+ from Plettenberg Bay!
Bungy Jump – highest in the world!
Canopy tours – ride the treetops.
Black Water tubing – ride the river
Great White Shark cage diving
Half day and full day tours are also available and can be planned to suite your requirements. Our Adventure Centre will tell you what is available and help you plan your personalised tour.
|Office / Reservations
||044 533 4010
||+ 27 (0) 72 290 0821
||15 Park Lane
||S34 03.305 E23 22.120